Sunday, August 16, 2009

#8: Epic Fail


Ed and I used to play a lot of table tennis in our youth. Yes, we were so poor we could only afford a single youth between us. Despite that hardship, Ed's parents managed to procure a ping-pong table for their basement, and Ed and I spent a lot of time down there imitating the great tennis players of the day: Bill Tilden, Ellsworth Vines, Henri Cochet, and so on. Suzanne Lenglen was a favorite of mine because imitating her afforded me the opportunity to indulge my penchant for wearing fancy hats.

And so on. Blah blah blah. Hey, how about I make up some bullshit story and humorously link it to Wikipedia entries and zany pictures? Perhaps I'll even pepper it with lame jokes and obvious puns before half-assedly bringing it around to the picture at the top of the post. Boy, wouldn't that be a hoot!

Regardless, today's picture, as delivered to me from Ed, is clearly a photograph from the near future of a monument entitled "Tomb of the Unknown Loser." If you look closely you can see me buried beneath it.

Zing.

1 comment: